- With an overall length of 51 miles the hike is among the 15 longest hikes in Germany available on TouriSpo.
- The trail is one of the dog friendly hikes in the region. (See all dog friendly hikes in Baden-Württemberg.)
- You shouldn’t forget to bring your hiking boots. There are some sections on the trail where sturdy footwear is required. There are places to buy beverages and food along the track. However it’s always recommended to bring enough water and food along with you.
Jagsteig is the first part of the circular hike Kocher-Jagst-Trail, which leads through the Hohenloher Land region, and consists of jagsteig, Bühlersteig, and Kochsteig. It is divided into four stages:
- Blaufelden - Kirchberg/Jagst (19.4km/12mi)
- Kirchberg/Jagst - Crailsheim (16km/9.9mi)
- Crailsheim - Wildenstein (22.8km/14.2mi)
- Wildenstein - Ellwangen (Jagst) (24km/14.9mi)
As the hike starts at Blaufelden railway station, you can easily travel here by train.
Follow motorway A6 and take exit Satteldorf, then follow B209 to Blaufelden. There is a car park at the train station.