The West-Highland-Way (WHW) is the first official long-distance hiking path in Scotland, and leads through the pristine nature of this beautiful country. Over the course of seven to eight stages, you explore the unique Low- and Highlands, the romantic Loch Lomond, and the impressive Ben Nevis.
- Stage 1: Milngavie - Drymen
- Stage 2: Drymen - Rowardennan
- Stage 3: Rowardennan - Inverarnan
- Stage 4: Inverarnan - Tyndrum
- Stage 5: Tyndrum - Bridge of Orchy
- Stage 6: Bridge of Orchy - Kingshouse
- Stage 7: Kingshouse - Kinlochleven
- Stage 8: Kinlochleven - Fort Williams
Where to eat
Each of the stages features opportunities to get a bite to eat and find a play to spend the night.
- Sturdy hiking boots are recommended on this track. There are places to buy beverages and food along the track. However it’s always recommended to bring enough water and food along with you.
Highlights of the tour
Glencoe valley is one of the most beautiful sections of the hike. Films such as Highlander, Braveheart, James Bond, and Harry Potter were shot here.