- With an area of 69 acres, Hechtsee is among the 3 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Tyrol.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 75 °F (currently: 75 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during January with an average water temperature of 75 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- You are hungry and thirsty? A restaurant and a kiosk provide you with meals and drinks.
- Your kids are bored of bathing fun? The close-by playground will give them some variety and the chance to make new friends.
- The nearby parking lot offers enough space for your car. Restrooms for both women and men are available at the Swimming Lake.
Known as the most popular lake around Kufstein, lake Hechtsee impresses with a stunning location right within the Brandenberger alps. Lake Hechtsee is located just a couple of metres away from the german- austrian border, surrounded by a magnificent mountain panorama the lake reflects mountains and woods. Very idyllic.
Lake Hechtsee is the biggest and deepest (57m) of the six lakes around Kufstein – Lake Egelsee, lake Längsee, lake Pfrillsee, lake Stimmersee, lake Thiersee and lake Maistaller Lacke.
Located right next to the water the restaurant „Seearena“ is the ideal location for festivities like Communions, weddings or romantic candle light dinners.
Seearena offers a special lunch menu throughout monday to friday and serves hot food all day. You can also get coffee and cakes.
Things to do
Lake Hechtsee is a great place to hike, to go for a run, to do nordic walking or simply stroll along the lake. The trail around the lake is ideal for the whole family. You can also take a little tour to the near by lakes Längsee and Egelsee or take a trip to the chapel Thierbergkapelle.
Swimming is especially beautiful there, considering the amazing backdrop. Relax, enjoy and dream while you sunbath on the spacious lawn.
For everyone who needs some action you can borrow paddleboats, play water volleyball or table tennis. Children can enjoy themselves on the playground.
Not to forget that lake Hechtsee is a great place to go fishing. The species diversity is magnificent. From zanders and carps over tenches to various species of trouts.
How to get there
Lake Hechtsee is located within the Brandenberger alps in Tirol, Austria; Thierberg bei Kufstein
By foot/by bike:
From Kufstein you can easily reach the lake by foot or bike. Signs will guide you, first alongside a road called Tiroler Straße and afterwards on a forest road through beech tree woods. On your way to the lake you are able to enjoy the beautiful landscape.
By car starting in Kufstein take Schubertstraße/B171 towards Zellerburgstraße and continue on B171 until you reach lake Hechtsee.