Great Western Greenway is Ireland's longest car-free cycling route, and leads you through the idyllic landscapes of county Mayo. The famous Midland Great Western Railway, closed in 1937, accompanies you on your tour. As the trail only features minor ascents, it is very well suited for family trips as well.
- Stage 1: Westport - Newport
- Stage 2: Newport - Mulranny
- Stage 3: Mulranny - Achill
- The bike trail is one of the family friendly trails in the region. What’s even better: You can also bring the family’s best friend on this dog friendly bike trail.
- There are places to buy beverages and food along the track. However it’s always recommended to bring enough water and food along with you.