The Davos Munts bathing lake
The bathing lake is an idyllic place that attracts both children and adults. For the little ones, a large paddling pool offers exactly what the children long for in the summer: splashing, sloshing, wading and boating. Young people love to jump off the jetty and adults like to swim comfortably through the whole natural swimming lake. The terraced shoreline offers plenty of space to spread out and enjoy the sun. There are also several barbecue areas on the site. The beach volleyball court and the slack line are also popular.
Of course we also take care of your physical well-being. The offer of the Seecafé is varied. Whether snacks, glacés or crunchy salads, nobody has to starve. Of course you will also find lots of refreshing drinks in our assortment. Or how about coffee and cake?
Opening hours summer/winter
From mid-May to mid-June there is weekend operation. From mid-June to the beginning of October the lake is open daily except on Tuesdays.
Things to do
The bathing lake has a recreation area with sunbathing areas, barbecue areas, a slack line and a beach volleyball court. For the little guests there is a sandpit and a dog pool for the four-legged friends. In the Seecafé you can rent umbrellas, deckchairs, towels and volleyballs. Events such as the annual Val Lumnezia cinema festival often take place at the complex. Also private celebrations can be held here.
A highlight is the barefoot path on the south bank: here you can feel different materials such as stones, mud or fir cones under your feet.
A further highlight is the campsite: families, hikers, young people and bikers spend the night between green terraces in the great outdoors. Guests of the campsite can use the whole complex.
Many things do not have to be towed to the bathing lake (e.g. firewood), but can be purchased or borrowed on site. You can find a complete list here.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 62 °F. The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during November with an average water temperature of 63 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Switzerland.
- Taking your dog to this swimming lake shouldn’t be a problem.
- You are hungry? Check out the kiosk, which supplies you with snacks and drinks.
- In case you are into camping, there is a campground almost within reach. Campfires are permitted with seasonal restrictions and in provided fire pits.
- Restrooms for both women and men are available at the Swimming Lake.
How to get there
By public transport:
The lake can be reached by public transport via the post bus line Ilanz-Vrin, stop Surval. Afterwards approx. 10 minutes walk to the lake.
From the surrounding villages you can reach the lake on foot. From Vella it takes about 25 minutes.
By car, take Route 19 to Ilanz, then south towards Quadras, then turn slightly right onto Sogn Murezi, then slightly right onto Casa via Valgronda, then slightly left onto Val Caparli, via Casa, Crest la Geina, Guschnaus, Davos Caplan, Cadorcat, Nurtatsch, Palius, Signaus and Rampa to Davos Muns. There you turn right onto Surval.