- With an area of 1483 acres, Lake Achen is among the 5 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- Lake Achen is among the 10 best rated Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 64 °F (currently: 50 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 68 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- The swimming lake permits to bring a dog along.
- You are hungry and thirsty? A restaurant and a kiosk provide you with meals and drinks.
- Your kids are bored of bathing fun? The close-by playground will give them some variety and the chance to make new friends.
- In case you are into camping, there is a campground almost within reach. Campfires are permitted with seasonal restrictions and in provided fire pits.
- The nearby parking lot offers enough space for your car. Restrooms for both women and men are available at the Swimming Lake.
Lake Achen, a glacier-made natural lake, is located in Tyrol, Austria, and counts among the most popular holiday regions of the country. Its average water temperature of 18-20°C makes for a nice cooling on a hot summer day.
The lake towns Maurach, Pertisau, and Achenkirch feature nice beaches perfect for a family holiday. The latest one is called SEE-Bad, and forms part of the new leisure centre Atoll at the south bank. By the way: the water in Lake Achen is of drinking water quality!
Its perfect wind conditions make the lake a true eldorado for sailors and surfers. Water sportsmen come to the beautiful Tyrolean lake from all over the country. Whether you're an expert or have never set foot on a surf or kite board before - the countless schools around the lake will take good care of you.
Fancy an adventure? There are a lot more water activities waiting to be tried all around Lake Achen. How about rafting, or a white-water tour?
Things to do
Visitors find a true holiday paradise around Tyrol's largest lake, Lake Achen. It is perfect for families, hikers, and runners alike. Water lovers will get their money's worth just as much as lovers of nature, adventurers, or those looking for peace and quiet. Let go and enjoy your holiday - that's the name of the game at Lake Achen.
The five quaint towns of Pertisau, Maurach, Achenkirch, Steinberg and Wiesling, the stunning Karwendel and Rofan Mountains, countless leisure and recreational activities as well as high-quality hotels and food complete the offer. Furthermore, a boulder hall, gym, and artificial ice rink can be found right next to the panoramic bool and sauna at the new leisure centre Atoll at the south bank of Lake Achen.
Videos about Lake Achen
How to get there
From Germany, you take A8 towards Salzburg and change onto A92 in Rosenheim, which eventually turns into A12 behind the Austrian border. Exit Wiesing takes you to B181, which leads straight to the towns of Lake Achen. Toll-free access is possible via Bad Tölz or Achen Pass.
You can get a train to Jenbach, where you have to change to a taxi, cog railway, or bus.