- With an area of 59 acres, Lake Herrensee and beach Litschau is among the 3 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Lower Austria.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 70 °F. The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during June with an average water temperature of 73 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- Grab something to eat and drink at the kiosk and be delighted by the friendly service.
- Families will love the nearby playground, ensuring some quality time for the parents and activity time for their kids.
- There are numerous parking facilities nearby.
The ca. 24 ha (59 acres) large Herrensee contains a heated swimmer pool as well as a children paddling pond and numerous leisure activities. With such a varied offer you won't be bored a single minute! During the summer season, you'll be able to lie on our open air lawn to sunbath and relax while your children can play and have fun on the playground.
For our sportive guests we offer a beach volleyball court and a tennis court. You can enjoy yourself on a boat tour and sun bath at the same time while discovering the environment of the Herrensee. On-site, you'll find pedal, rowing and electronically operated boats.
In the vicinity, you'll find a romantic hiking path which can also be used in the winter season. It is accessible for wheel chairs and prams. Along the 4 km (2.5 miles) long circular hiking path you can inform yourself on signboards about the regional flora and fauna.
The Herrensee contains a huge fish stock including numerous predatory fish and whitings. It is a mecca for all fishing lovers! Both day tickets as well as half day tickets are available. We offer fishing holidays, courses for children and fishing at night.
In winter, the Herrensee is enjoyable, too. If the ice thickness of the frozen lake allows it, our guests will be able to enjoy themselves ice-skating and curling.
Things to do
- multipurpose field
- tennis courts
- outdoor chess
Herrensee circular path