- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 70 °F (currently: 70 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during July with an average water temperature of 70 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- It’s ok to bring your best friend to this dog friendly swimming lake.
- There’s no need to be starving! A kiosk and a restaurant cater for all tastes and needs.
- Families will love the nearby playground, ensuring some quality time for the parents and activity time for their kids.
- There are numerous parking facilities nearby. Restrooms where you may also get changed are available at the Swimming Lake.
Lake Stimmersee in Langkampfen near Kufstein was already a popular excursion destination during the Second World War and even had its own train stop. Even today, locals and guests like to come to the natural lake to recover from everyday stress.
At the foot of the Pendling and amidst meadows and woods lies the 3.5 hectare natural swimming pool. It does not only provide carefree bathing pleasure because of its fantastic scenery, but also because of the best water quality. Lake Stimmersee is even one of the cleanest lakes in the country.
Thanks to the shallow access to the water, the little bathers can splash around safely and without worries. If you want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the lake, you can go to a sunbathing lawn framed by shady trees. On both the east and west banks there are bathing meadows with sanitary facilities and changing rooms. In the adjacent Gasthaus Stimmersee you can indulge in culinary delights.
Things to do
Sports enthusiasts are in good hands at the beach volleyball court on the west bank. In addition, an approximately one kilometre long, quiet walk has been laid out around the lake. From the Stimmersee you can also make optimal mountain tours to the Dreibrunnenjoch or to the Pendling.
Occasionally, plays by the Volkstheater Kufstein are performed on the open-air stage during the summer.
How to get there
The Stimmersee recreation area is best reached by car. Via the Inntalautobahn take the exit Kufstein Nord and turn right at the first roundabout towards Innsbruck. After the Inn bridge, go straight ahead to the petrol station and turn right towards Mariastein/Langkampfen. After about two kilometres you reach the turn-off to the right to Lake Stimmersee.
By public transport:
The station in Kufstein is easily reached by train. From here the bus line 4055 runs regularly to the Stimmersee (stop: Schaftenau, Stimmersee).