- Elevated between 226 m and 838 m, the hike is among the 5 highest elevated hikes in North Rhine-Westphalia. You're facing an uphill climb of 2584 vertical meters on this hike. This is quite much. You should be fit to do this track. This makes the hike one of the 10 hikes with the most ascent in Germany.
- Hike Rothaar is among the 5 best rated Hikes in North Rhine-Westphalia.
- With an overall length of 151 km the hike is among the 10 longest hikes in Germany available on TouriSpo.
- You can easily take your dog on this trail. (See all dog friendly hikes in North Rhine-Westphalia.)
- Sturdy hiking boots are recommended on this track. If you get hungry along the way, there are places to rest and get food. Nevertheless it’s recommended to also have enough water and food in your backpack when hiking or biking.