- With an area of 1206 acres, Lake Afritzer See is among the 10 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 67 °F (currently: 63 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 74 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- You are hungry? Check out the kiosk, which supplies you with snacks and drinks.
- In case you are into camping, there is a campground almost within reach.
- The nearby parking lot offers enough space for your car. Restrooms for both women and men are available at the Swimming Lake.
At an altitude of 750 metres above sea level, in the middle of the Nockberge mountains, there is the Afritzer See with its crystal clear water. During the summer months the water can get up to 26 degrees. Afritzer See is a paradise for families, but also for anglers and sports enthusiasts. It has drinking water quality and is left in its natural state. Motorboats are forbidden. Bathing fans can spread out on the sunbathing lawns of the two bathing beaches.
Two campsites are available for campers. Due to the beautiful location directly on the shore of the lake, you can enjoy the tranquillity of the water day and night. Around the lake there is a 3.5-kilometre-long promenade, on which no vehicles are allowed.
Things to do
Alpine game park, doll museum, summer toboggan run and go-kart track offer variety for swimming and splashing around. The beautiful promenade around the lake invites you to take a walk, while the sporty bathers can enjoy surfing (ice surfing in winter!). Fishing is also possible. There are also numerous hiking and mountain biking routes.