In the middle of the idyllic mountain landscape of the Saar-Hunsrück Nature Park lies the 120-hectare Bostalsee, where anyone who enjoys spending their leisure time in, on or by the water will find a cosy spot. You can find the leisure centre at the Bostalsee at the seaport in Nohfelden-Bosen. There are lying areas and 2 large sandy beaches, which invite to build sand castles.
The year-round offer is rounded off by a beach volleyball court, pedal boat hire and the possibility of surfing, sailing and cycling. The Bostalsee leisure centre, which opened in 1979, measures a total of 335 hectares and is thus one of the largest of its kind in southwest Germany.
The crown of the dam, which ensures the water level of the Bostalsee, was completely rebuilt and updated in 2008.
But those who prefer to enjoy the silence of the lake will find an oasis of peace here: fishing is allowed from the boat as well as from the shore, there are also hiking possibilities around the lake.
Things to do
At the Bostalsee everyone, large or small, will find the perfect leisure offer:
- Sailing schools
- Sport boat licence
- Surf school
- Pedal and electric boats
- Sandy beaches
- Sunbathing lawns
- Beach volleyball
- Beach soccer
Located directly on the lake you will also find a 14 hectare campsite.
- With an area of 297 acres, Lake Bostalsee Nohfelden is among the 10 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 68 °F. The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during July with an average water temperature of 72 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- Lifeguard supervision at Lake Bostalsee Nohfelden is provided.
- Grab something nice to eat and a cold drink at the local kiosk or restaurant.
- Kids of all age groups will love the nearby playground and water slide, begging their parents to stay overnight.
- Planning an overnight stay? Close to the Swimming Lake there is a campground. You are in the campfire mood? Campfires are permitted at several spots around the Swimming Lake.
- There are parking spaces available in the vicinity. There are public restrooms close by at the Swimming Lake.
How to get there
Lake Bostal can be reached directly via the A1 and A62 motorways!