Also known as "Cossi" to the locals, Lake Cospuden is located on the southern outskirts of Leipzig. The bathing lake attracts numerous visitors with its fine sand, green sunbathing lawns, offshore dune formations and small islands. On hot summer days you can refresh yourself in the cool water of Lake Cospuden and then relax on the beach.
The longest sandy beach in Saxony is 1 kilometre long on the northern shore. Here at the north beach there are also areas for nudist fans and dog lovers as well as a barrier-free jetty into the water. For sporting balance you can let off steam on the beach soccer and volleyball fields. For a snack in between, there are a total of four beach houses on the north beach, which provide you with delicious snacks. At the Hacienda there is also a barbecue area.
In addition to the very popular meeting point on the north shore, there is also a beautiful bathing area with a sandy beach, children's playground and restaurant on the east shore. It is located west of the golf course in Zöbigker.
Things to do
Around Lake Cospuden you have many possibilities for leisure activities. There are a total of almost 200 boat moorings on the lake. Some sailing schools and surf schools even rent sailing boats. If you don't want to sail yourself, you can set sail with coffee and cake or even a whiskey tasting on one of the ships.
Unique in the Neuseenland is the sauna in Lake Cospuden. Not only in winter is this the big highlight at Lake Cospuden. The sauna stands on 16 thick pillars directly in the water and lets you immerse yourself in a typical Finnish sauna experience. You will find a biosauna, steam sauna and special infusions as well as a relaxation room and a large terrace for relaxing.
Only a few minutes away from the lake you will find with Belantisone of the largest amusement parks in Germany.
- With an area of 1087 acres, Lake Cospudener See Leipzig is among the 5 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 70 °F (currently: 68 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during July with an average water temperature of 72 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- The swimming lake permits to bring a dog along.
- There’s no need to be starving! A kiosk and a restaurant cater for all tastes and needs.
- Families will love the nearby playground, ensuring some quality time for the parents and activity time for their kids.
- Enjoy a soothing campfire in provided fire pits at the water’s edge of the beautiful Swimming Lake.
- There are numerous parking facilities nearby. Restrooms where you may also get changed are available at the Swimming Lake.
How to get there
If you are coming from Dresden, the easiest way to get to Leipzig is via the A14. At the motorway junction 28-Dreieck Parthenaue, take the A38 and follow it to exit 31-Leipzig-Süd. You follow the B2 to the exit direction Markkleeberg and reach the lake via Seenallee. Around the lake there are several bathing places. The best known is the northern beach.
The Nordstrand can be reached by boat via the canal from the city centre of Leipzig.