- With an area of 544 acres, Lake Faaker See is among the 10 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- Lake Faaker See is among the 5 best rated Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 69 °F (currently: 43 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 75 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- Grab something nice to eat and a cold drink at the local kiosk or restaurant.
- There is at least one water slide entertaining both the younger and older kids.
- Planning an overnight stay? Close to the Swimming Lake there is a campground.
- There are parking spaces available in the vicinity.
At the Faaker Lake holiday feeling is guaranteed! Turquoise coloured water that one would usually expect in the Caribbean rather than in the south of Austria. Excellent water quality, lots of places serving refreshments around the lake and numerous family hotels make your family holidays a perfect stay! Not only the lake has a lot to offer. In the vicinity one can easily find various recreational facilities and opportunities to spend the day sportively.
Things to do
The landscape around the lake attracts many people through a generous and wide network consisting of both cycling trails and hiking paths, which one can jog or have a nordic walking tour on. Those wanting to fly at higher games, the high rope course at Tabor and the crag at the Kanzianiberg will be worth your money. Free climbing is possible in the mountains as well as around the Faaker Lake. Water sports as surfing and sailing can be done as well as fishing and of course swimming. A boat hire offering rowing boats, pedal boats and motor boats rounds it off. In the countryside you'll find castle ruins of Finkenstein, which one shouldn't miss visiting during the stay at Faaker See. Both the annual Harley Davidson convention as well as the international Cabrio Meeting belong to the event highlights of the region.