- With an area of 2666 acres, Lake Ossiacher See is among the 3 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 70 °F (currently: 50 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during July with an average water temperature of 76 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- You are hungry and thirsty? A restaurant and a kiosk provide you with meals and drinks.
- Your kids are bored of bathing fun? The close-by playground will give them some variety and the chance to make new friends.
- The nearby parking lot offers enough space for your car. Restrooms for both women and men are available at the Swimming Lake.
Lake Ossiach is the third largest lake in Austria. It has a water temperature of up to 27°C and its particularly mineral-rich mud is said to have a healing effect. The lake is therefore the perfect bathing opportunity for water rats and all those who want to do something for their health. Every year about two million overnight stays take place at Lake Ossiach, which makes it an important tourist area.
You will find numerous accommodations for your holiday at Lake Ossiach in the towns of Bodensdorf, Annenheim, Ossiach, Sattendorf and Steindorf, which are all around the shore.
Things to do
Numerous paths around the lake are ideal for Nordic walking or jogging.
Hikers and mountaineers will find here the best conditions to reach the summit of the Gerlitzen (for less experienced hikers there is the Panorama-Kanzelbahn, which transports the guests to the summit in a few moments).
The Ossiach Lake Cycle Route R2, an approximately 25 kilometre long cycle route, also runs around Lake Ossiach. The famous 690-kilometre long Alpe Adria Trail also crosses Lake Ossiach in stages 18 to 20.
The first mountain kart course in Austria provides special action fun for children!