The natural lake Liefering is the smallest of the three Salzach lakes, all being located in the Salzburger Seenland. Those yearning for a lake in its natural state are just right here. The surroundings, including the lake, are known to be a recreational area that is around 70,000m² (84,000 sq yd) large. There is lots of space for both relaxation and sportive activities.
Sanitary facilities such as toilets and showers are provided at the lake and free of charge. There are also two kiosks.
The lake is perfectly suitable for both endurance swimming and just splashing with its maximum depth of 3m (3.3 yd) and a water surface of 2km² (0.77 sq mi).
During the winter season the lake is used for ice skating, provided the coat of ice is thick enough to skate on.
Lake Liefering is open from the beginning of May until the end of September, daily from 9am till 7pm. Admission is free of charge. Dogs and fishing are not allowed at the lake.
Things to do
There are beach volleyball courts and football pitches provided on-site.
- With an area of 5 acres, Liefering is among the 5 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Salzburg.
- Liefering is among the 15 best rated Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- Lifeguard supervision at Liefering is provided.
- Feel free to find drinks and snacks at the kiosk, in case you get hungry or thirsty.
- The nearby playground caters to kids of all age groups, ensuring unbridled fun.
- There are parking spaces available in the vicinity. There are public restrooms close by at the Swimming Lake.
How to get there
The lake is located in Salzburg's district Liefering.