The swimming lake Waidring, also known as “Grüne Perle” (green pearl), lies on the foothills of the Steinplatte. Through the fresh water supply the artificial 4000 m² (4783 square yards) large lake displays drinking quality and measures a depth of 3.7 m (4 yards) at its deepest point.
Things to do
The lake is situated in the middle of a 15,000 m² (17,939 square yards) large area and is surrounded by spacious and vast meadows. A beach volleyball court, table tennis tables, a buffet service as well as a heated swimming pool are provided.
- Swimming lake and outdoor pool Waidring is among the 15 best rated Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 67 °F. The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 68 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- The local lifeguard service Wasserwacht supervises and promotes safety and order at Swimming lake and outdoor pool Waidring.
- You are hungry and thirsty? A restaurant and a kiosk provide you with meals and drinks.
- Your kids are bored of bathing fun? The close-by playground will give them some variety and the chance to make new friends.
- The nearby parking lot offers enough space for your car. Restrooms for both women and men are available at the Swimming Lake.