The lake lies amidst a beautiful and quiet natural setting within a large forest area. There are lots of activities one can do here and enjoy excellent water quality on top of it. The lake itself is about 24ha (59 acres) large and popular among both locals and visitors likewise. And what is more, there is a marvellous nudist area, where one can freely enjoy the beauty of the lake and the good service provided on-site.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 26 °C (currently: 17 °C). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 27 °C. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- You can easily take your dog to this swimming lake.
- Grab something nice to eat and a cold drink at the local kiosk or restaurant.
- Planning an overnight stay? Close to the Swimming Lake there is a campground.
- There are parking spaces available in the vicinity. There are public restrooms close by at the Swimming Lake.
Things to do
The lake, Albrechtshainer See, is a magnificent relaxation destiny especially for families with kids as the shallow parts of the lake are perfect for children and non-swimmers to splash in, while adults can enjoy themselves jumping into the cool wet or just relax on the lawns sunbathing or picnicking.
If this is not enough for you, then you also have the possibility to hike or cycle on fully developed paths, jog, or just go for a walk. You can do this all year round.
The adjacent climbing forest attracts visitors with 11 different and varied courses.
At the lake, there is also a beach for dogs provided so that your beloved pets will feel as good as you do here on a sunny day.
How to get there
The lake is easily reachable via the A14 motorway. On-site, there are sufficient car parks.
By public transport:
You can also get here by train using the “Regionalbahn RB 110”.