The lake lies amidst a beautiful and quiet natural setting within a large forest area. There are lots of activities one can do here and enjoy excellent water quality on top of it. The lake itself is about 24ha (59 acres) large and popular among locals and visitors alike. And what is more, there is a marvellous nudist area, where one can freely enjoy the beauty of the lake and the good service provided on-site. Furthermore, the lake features a dog beach.
Things to do
The lake, Albrechtshainer See, is a great relaxation destiny especially for families with kids as the shallow parts of the lake are perfect for children and non-swimmers to splash in, while adults can enjoy themselves jumping into the cool wet or just relax on the lawns sunbathing or picnicking.
If this is not enough for you, then you also have the possibility to hike or cycle on fully developed paths, jog, or just go for a walk. You can do this all year round. The adjacent climbing forest attracts visitors with 11 different and varied courses.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 73 °F. The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 80 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- You can easily take your dog to this swimming lake.
- Grab something nice to eat and a cold drink at the local kiosk or restaurant.
- Planning an overnight stay? Close to the Swimming Lake there is a campground.
- There are parking spaces available in the vicinity. There are public restrooms close by at the Swimming Lake.
How to get there
The lake is easily reachable via the A14 motorway. On-site, there are sufficient car parks.
By public transport:
You can also get here by train using the “Regionalbahn RB 110”.