Adjacent to the cities of Makranstädt and Leipzig is the Kulkwitzer See, which is particularly popular among scuba divers. This is one of the most popular diving waters in Central Germany.
Bathing beaches and restaurants around the lake invite you to linger.
Things to do
Nature lovers, sailing and surfing enthusiasts, as well as anglers and other sports enthusiasts will find what they are looking for here.
- With an area of 420 acres, Lake Kulkwitzer See Leipzig is among the 10 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 69 °F. The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 72 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- It’s ok to bring your best friend to this dog friendly swimming lake.
- The local lifeguard service Wasserwacht supervises and promotes safety and order at Lake Kulkwitzer See Leipzig.
- You are hungry and thirsty? A restaurant and a kiosk provide you with meals and drinks.
- Your kids are bored of bathing fun? The close-by playground will give them some variety and the chance to make new friends.
- In case you are into camping, there is a campground almost within reach.
- The nearby parking lot offers enough space for your car. Restrooms for both women and men are available at the Swimming Lake.