East of the Lake Cospuden lake Markkleeberg opens the southern Neuseenland in Leipzig. Here you will find not only leisure activities for active people, but also peace and relaxation in the midst of beautiful nature.
Fantastic sandy beaches and excellent water quality invite you to swim and relax. Cafés and restaurants along the lake promenade, in the canoe park and on the Auenhainer Plateau guarantee guests relaxing moments.
For dogs a separate dog beach is available in the area of the Auenhainer beach. In general, linen duty applies to man's best friend. The fine sandy beaches are closed to dogs.
Things to do
- Whitewater fun & whitewater sports in the Markkleeberg Canoe Park, one of the most modern whitewater facilities in the world (rafting, whitewater kayaking, hydrospeed)
Climbing in the climbing park Markkleeberg
- Standup paddling
Excursions around Lake Markkleeberger See
If you fancy a boat trip, you can travel on the MS Wachau between the Markkleeberger See and the Störmthaler See or explore the lake on the MS Markkleeberg.
Those who visit the Markkleeberger See should definitely take a look at the model park Auenhain, which has large garden railways. Canoeing is also possible via the lock between Störmthaler and Markkleeberger See. The Geopfad, a geological time path near these two lakes, offers another destination for excursions. The numerous playgrounds and points and the landscape art around the lake should also not be forgotten. Especially for families the trip to the Markkleeberger See can score with this.
The holiday village Seepark Auenhain offers apartments and holiday homes for those looking for overnight accommodation. Accommodation is also possible on the tent and camping site directly at the Markkleeberger See.
- With an area of 741 acres, Lake Markkleeberger See is among the 5 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 69 °F (currently: 53 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 73 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- Taking your dog to the Lake Markkleeberger See is permitted.
- Grab something nice to eat and a cold drink at the local kiosk or restaurant.
- The nearby playground caters to kids of all age groups, ensuring unbridled fun.
- Planning an overnight stay? Close to the Swimming Lake there is a campground.
- There are parking spaces available in the vicinity. There are public restrooms close by at the Swimming Lake.