The East Frisians like to call the swimming lake in Tannenhausen, a district of Aurich, Rimini of East Frisia - due to its white pebble beach. Thanks to the excellent water quality the lake enjoys immense popularity with both locals and tourists.
Those wishing to stay overnight in the close proximity of the lake and experience a typical Frisian sleep can do so in the holiday-home area directly located at the lake. If you wish to go on a cycling tour, you'll find bicycles for rent on-site to discover the landscapes around the lake. A popular destination for excursions is the so-called Ewiges Meer (eternal ocean), Germany's largest high moor lake.
Things to do
The local tourist association provides you with a huge variety of entertainment. Every summer, appealing animation programmes are organised at the swimming lake including horseback riding, dance, aerobics, beach soccer, various water games, cinema evenings, night hikes, arts and crafts, and football.
Swimming Place for Dogs
The recently built facility is designed especially for dogs. It is fenced and only accessible through a separate door. Here, dogs and owners enjoy their time together.
- beach chairs
- beach loungers
- bicycle rental
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 66 °F (currently: 66 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 70 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- Taking your dog to the Swimming lake Tannenhausen is permitted.
- Feel free to find drinks and snacks at the kiosk, in case you get hungry or thirsty.
- Kids of all age groups will love the nearby playground and water slide, begging their parents to stay overnight.
- There are parking spaces available in the vicinity. There are public restrooms close by at the Swimming Lake.