The Issinger Weiher, also known as the „Puschtra Ocean“, not only is a natural gem with its impressive biodiversity in flora and fauna, but also one of the last lake biotopes in South Tyrol. This extraordinary plentitude in the local flora and fauna attracks both national and international biologists to undertake research on-site. A new restaurant in the direct proximity of the lake, which is by the way still in its natural state, invites to come and enjoy fine food throughout the year. Around the lake you'll find new sun beds with parasols, a well maintained small forest and a playground for children. If you're seeking for something special, then this lake is just the perfect place for you!
Things to do
The rafting and kayak school “KreativRaft” is located just at the beautiful Issinger Weiher in Pfalzen-Pustertal (KreativRaft – rafting, kayak, canoe, gorge & canyon hiking)
- raft in the lake - hammock lounge in the forest
- small park with possibility to slackline
- open yoga classes
- fun balls
- Lifeguard supervision at Swimming pond Issinger Weiher is provided.
- Grab something nice to eat and a cold drink at the local kiosk or restaurant.
- Kids of all age groups will love the nearby playground and water slide, begging their parents to stay overnight.
- There are parking spaces available in the vicinity. There are public restrooms close by at the Swimming Lake.
How to get there
Coming from Kiens keep driving in the direction of Pfalzen/ Issing until you reach the signpost and then just turn right.