- With an area of 675 acres, Lake Wannsee Berlin is among the 10 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 70 °F (currently: 50 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during June with an average water temperature of 74 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- It’s ok to bring your best friend to this dog friendly swimming lake.
- There’s no need to be starving! A kiosk and a restaurant cater for all tastes and needs.
- There’s good news for families with kids, as there is a water slide and a kids’ playground as well.
- Restrooms where you may also get changed are available at the Swimming Lake.
Kleiner and Großer Wannsee are located in the southwest of the German capital. The shorter term 'Wannsee' generally refers to Großer Wannsee (Greater Wannsee) only, a broadened bay of river Havel. If you find yourself in the area around Berlin and Potsdam, make sure to pay this lake a visit!
The lake's east side was approved for swimming by the city of Berlin in 1907, hence emerged the popular bathing spot. The spacious bay provides room for everyone, from families to naturists.
Things to do
The .80 miles of sandy beach have been filled with sand from the Baltic Sea, and makes a great relaxation spot. Beach chairs are for rent and provide you with a shady place on hot days. A waterslide, several bungee trampolines as well as beach volleyball and football fields are available for those who enjoy sports. If you are looking for a quieter day, the lakeside promenade is perfect for a stroll.
Families with children find a playground with lots of space for the little ones. Another option is a boat tour on the lake. Pedal boats and rowboats are available for rent.
Video about Lake Wannsee Berlin
How to get there
Follow A115 until Spanische Allee exit. During the day, you can drive along Havelchaussee, a picturesque road leading along water. The road is closed at nighttime.
On public transport
S1 and S7 trams take you to Nikolassee station. Walk to the lido in approximately 10 minutes, or take bus line 312 to bus stop Wannsee.