The bathing beach in Obing is a family-friendly bathing location, complete with a large open-air lawn for sun-bathing and numerous shady trees protecting you from the sun. Lake Obinger See is a mecca for all lovers of fishing as it is rich in various fish types: rudds, roaches, breams, tenches, carps, pikes, eels, pike perches, bash, trouts and more
Furthermore, there is a restaurant located directly at the lake, that offers delicious meals and refreshments.
Things to do
Water trampoline, sandbox, playground, kiosk. Dogs are not allowed on the lawn or in the water. They are, however, welcome at the lakeside terrace.
- With an area of 77 acres, Bathing Beach Obing is among the 3 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Bavaria.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 71 °F (currently: 70 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 72 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- The local lifeguard service Wasserwacht supervises and promotes safety and order at Bathing Beach Obing.
- You are hungry and thirsty? A restaurant and a kiosk provide you with meals and drinks.
- Your kids are bored of bathing fun? The close-by playground will give them some variety and the chance to make new friends.
- The nearby parking lot offers enough space for your car. Restrooms for both women and men are available at the Swimming Lake.
How to get there
Bathing beach Obinger See is located at the lake's east bank. Coming from Traunstein, you turn towards Jepolding before you reach Obing, then follow the road to Pfaffing.