The Davoser See is a natural reservoir, which was once formed through landslide from the Totalp in the Parsenn area. The lake reaches a depth of up to 54 m (59 yards). In summer, the water temperature climbs up to comfortable 20°C (68°F). For all water lovers we provide lots of sports and leisure activities. The bathing beach is comfortably reachable on foot from Davos Dorf. Also, there are car parks provided. You'll find an open air lawn located just at the bathing beach, cloak rooms, showers, restaurants, and a kiosk. In addition, you can rent lockers and sun beds. We charge no admission fee.
Things to do
The Davoser See has plenty of leisure activities to offer. Apart from table football, beach volleyball courts and a pedal boat rental, you'll also find a sailing and surfing school provided on-site. Due to the thermal winds, you'll find perfect wind conditions to surf and sail at the Davoser See. This is especially of importance for beginners and intermediates.
- table football
- With an area of 146 acres, Lake Davos is among the 3 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Switzerland.
- Lake Davos is the the best rated swimming lake / beach in Switzerland.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 59 °F. The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 64 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Switzerland.
- There’s no need to be starving! A kiosk and a restaurant cater for all tastes and needs.
- Enjoy a soothing campfire in provided fire pits at the water’s edge of the beautiful Swimming Lake.
- There are numerous parking facilities nearby. Restrooms where you may also get changed are available at the Swimming Lake.
How to get there
Driving along the Swiss motorway A13 you'll take the exit at Landquart. From here, you'll follow the Kantonsstraße 28 to Davos. At the end of the lake, just before entering Davos Dorf, you'll find appr. 200 car parks.