The Kampsee Thurnberg is a quiet bathing lake in the Waldviertel. Here you can take the plunge into the cool water and relax undisturbed in the midst of idyllic nature. Large sunbathing areas invite you to sunbathe and relax. Around the lake there is a wide range of leisure activities, so you and your family won't get bored here.
Things to do
Around the Kampsee Thurnberg there are many leisure possibilities. Several cycle and hiking trails lead past the reservoir, so that you can combine the lake on beautiful summer days with a leisurely hike or a small family bike tour.
- With an area of 190 acres, Lake Kampsee Dobrastausee is among the 15 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Austria.
- You can easily take your dog to this swimming lake.
- Feeling hungry? The close-by restaurant caters for your tastes and needs.
- The nearby playground caters to kids of all age groups, ensuring unbridled fun.
- Planning an overnight stay? Close to the Swimming Lake there is a campground.
- There are parking spaces available in the vicinity. There are public restrooms close by at the Swimming Lake.
How to get there
Coming from Krems you simply take the Kremser Bundesstraße/B37 and follow it for about 17 kilometers. Then take the ramp onto the B32 towards Krumau and follow it for another ten kilometres. In Krumlov, turn onto Seestraße. The reservoir is on the right.