The Zwischenahner Meer, the third largest inland lake in Lower Saxony, is not only a popular recreation and holiday destination for locals, but also for nature lovers from near and far.
The so-called "Pearl of the Ammerland", as the Zwischenahner Meer is affectionately called, lies in the midst of a magnificent natural landscape.
With a water surface of over 500 ha, the Zwischenahner Meer is a paradise for water sports enthusiasts of all kinds (except motor boats, which are generally prohibited).
In the period from October to March there is a driving ban, otherwise the lake may be navigated with a valid registration sticker (with the condition of a fixed berth).
Things to do
All information about the 4 sailing clubs, the sailing school of the German Youth Hostel Association, fishing and all other water sports can be found on the homepage of the Tourist- Info Bad Zwischenahn.
- With an area of 1359 acres, Lake Zwischenahner Meer Bad Zwischenahn is among the 3 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 67 °F (currently: 66 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during January with an average water temperature of 70 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- The swimming lake permits to bring a dog along.
- There is a local lifeguard service at Lake Zwischenahner Meer Bad Zwischenahn.
- There’s no need to be starving! A kiosk and a restaurant cater for all tastes and needs.
- There’s good news for families with kids, as there is a water slide and a kids’ playground as well.
- There are numerous parking facilities nearby. Restrooms where you may also get changed are available at the Swimming Lake.