The largest Baltic sea town of Mecklenburg is located in Kühlungsborn. The sandy beach is almost 6km/3.7mi long, and has attracted visitors since 1880. You can look forward to a diverse offer of bathing and leisure activities.
'Vital- und Fit Strand' sports beach at beach entrance 13 serves as an open-air gym, sea view included. Qualified staff offer classes free of charge, and get your bikini body ready. Beach volleyball courts and other opportunities for group games are available at 'Aktiv Fun Strand', between Seebrücke and the harbour. Furthermore, three dog beaches and textile-free sections are available in Kühlungsborn as well. Lifeguards are at hand for a carefree swimming experience.
Things to do
From the end of Seebrücke bridge, you can go on a trip to Rerik, Warnemünde or Grömitz during the summer. There is also a harbour with 400 spaces as well as a direct entrence to the sea.
The beach promenade invites you to watch the sunset or explore the imposing villas. A diverse music and cultural programme as well as quality art exhibitions complete the picture.
Furthermore, from Kühlungsborn you can go on a historic journey to Bad Doberan with the Molli-Bahn train.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 62 °F (currently: 70 °F). The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during August with an average water temperature of 68 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- The beach permits to bring a dog along.
- The local lifeguard service Wasserwacht supervises and promotes safety and order at Baltic Seaside Resort Kühlungsborn.
- You are hungry and thirsty? A restaurant and a kiosk provide you with meals and drinks.
- Your kids are bored of bathing fun? The close-by playground will give them some variety and the chance to make new friends.
- In case you are into camping, there is a campground almost within reach.
- The nearby parking lot offers enough space for your car.
Videos about Beach Baltic Seaside Resort Kühlungsborn
How to get there
From Rostock, follow B105 to Bad Doberan. Change onto L12 and continue to Kühlungsborn.
From Wismar, you can get to Kühlungsborn via B105 towards Rostock. In Neubukow, follow Reriker Straße to Kühlungsborn.