Winterberger Hochtour (WHT) leads you from Winterberg to Kahler Asten mountain, and over the four highest peaks of the Westphalian Sauerland. Along the way, you come across historic towns, interesting sights, and spectacular views. The path is well-signposted, and can be divided into up to 10 legs.
- With an overall length of 52 miles the hike is among the 15 longest hikes in Germany available on TouriSpo.
- Circuit Hochtour Winterberg - North Rhine-Westphalia is among the 3 best rated Hikes in North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Elevated between 1552 ft and 2769 ft, the hike is the highest elevated hikes in North Rhine-Westphalia. You're facing an uphill climb of 2383 vertical meters on this hike. This is quite much. You should be fit to do this track. This makes the hike one of the 10 hikes with the most ascent in Germany.
- It’s ok to bring your best friend on this dog friendly hike. (See all dog friendly hikes in North Rhine-Westphalia.)
- Sturdy hiking boots are recommended on this track. If you get hungry along the way, there are places to rest and get food. Nevertheless it’s recommended to also have enough water and food in your backpack when hiking or biking.