Past Natural Beauties
The starting point is located at Oberwirt pub in Ramsau. You start walking towards the pilgrimage church Maria Kunterweg on the eponymous path. Afterwards, cross the forest and the towns of Hirschau and Hasenlehen, before finally reaching the junction with Alpenstraße road. Turn right, where you get to the thousand-year-old Hindenburg lime tree, a natural monument you should definitely look at closely.
Ramsau's Sun Deck
Cross Taubensee, and turn left off the main road to get to the actual Brine Pipeline path (Soleleitungsweg). It is cleared in winter, so you can do this stage of the hike at all seasons. The nearly plane path offers beautiful views of Wimbachtal valley and Ramsau. An information stall shows original wooden pipes and details about the history of the brine pipeline.
Around Söldenköpfl Mountain
Walk along Reuterwald forest, until you get to Gerstreit. From there, the path leads you uphill towards Söldenköpfl mountain, whose summit you circumambulate, hiking back to Bachmann in the valley on a hilly forest path. Walk to Engedey, where you reach your destination. From Ilsank, a bus takes you back to Ramsau.
The narrow path (80-100 cm) is only partiy suitable for strollers.
- You're traveling a distance of 7 miles on this moderate trail. Average length of all hikes in Bavaria is 27 miles.
- Way of Brine Pipeline in Ramsau is among the 10 best rated Hikes in Germany.
- You're facing an uphill climb of 469 vertical meters on this hike. The hike takes you to an elevation of 3107 ft.
- The hike is one of the family friendly trails in the region.
- You shouldn’t forget to bring your hiking boots. There are some sections on the trail where sturdy footwear is required. If you get hungry along the way, there are places to rest and get food. Nevertheless it’s recommended to also have enough water and food in your backpack when hiking or biking.
You can shorten the trail by starting at Taubensee lake and Zipflhäusl hut.
You should wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
From Berchtesgaden, cross the town of Engedey towards Ramsau, passing Ramsau football ground at your left. Turn left behind it, and enter the town of Ramsau. Past the church, you will find the car park behind Oberwirt pub at your left.
From Bad Reichenhall, follow the Alpine road towards Berchtesgaden past the signs pointing to Ramsau. At the end of the road, in front of Ramsau football ground, turn right to get to the car park.