Documentation of the history of Weilburg
The history of Weilburg is marked by the time as a baroque residential town on the one hand and by mining on the other. This is also documented by the Weilburg City and Mining Museum. Here the history of the town since 906 is presented, with a focus on mining. A highlight here are not only the machines and original equipment, but above all the "deep tunnels" a reconstructed mine with a length of 200 meters.
The exhibition in the city museum
The city museum, founded in 1914, has been located in the former chancellery building of Weilburg Castle since 1948. Here on 1200 square meters numerous exhibits are shown to the city history with pictures, copper engravings and findings. In the Small Cabinet, on the other hand, changing special exhibitions on individual sections or themes are set up.
- The day pass at Mining and Municipal Museum Weilburg is €3.50 making it one of the 10 cheapest tourist Attractions in Germany.
How to get there
The museum is located in the chancellery building of Weilburg Castle.