- With an area of 52 acres, Pflegersee is among the 5 largest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Bavaria.
- The swimming lake / beach's average water temperature during the summer season is 69 °F. The swimming lake / beach is normally warmest during July with an average water temperature of 72 °F. See the currently warmest Swimming Lakes / Beaches in Germany.
- You can easily take your dog to this swimming lake. (See all dog friendly swimming Lakes / Beaches in Bavaria.)
- There’s no need to be starving! A kiosk and a restaurant cater for all tastes and needs.
- There are numerous parking facilities nearby. Restrooms where you may also get changed are available at the Swimming Lake.
Located right underneath the Königsstand in the Kramer massif, you'll find the Pflegersee lake. At the eastern lakeside, there is a natural swimming pool facilitated with changing rooms, sanitary facilities, piers and kiosks as well as a rowing boat rental. The bathing beach with its trees and and natural resting areas is reminiscent of the historical bathing place that was allocated here.
The little moor lake is an insider tip. Naturally, it is a true gem and remains yet to be discovered by mass tourism. The water is said to be beneficial for skin and hair alike.
Things to do
The lake is the starting point for many hikes and Nordic Walking tours. Both Kramerplateauweg as well as Burglehrpfad Werdenfels, where visitors learn about the history of local castles, start here. Depending on the season, the lake is suitable for sportive activities such as fishing and curling.
How to get there
Pflegersee lake is located approx. 5 kilometres from Garmisch-Partenkirchen. From Munich, you follow motorway A95 southbound to B2. Through Farchant tunnel, then towards Garmisch/Burgrain. Turn right onto Thomas-Knorr-Strasse at Hotel Sonnenbichl, then right onto Pflegerstraße after 300 metres. From Seefeld/Mittenwald, follow B2 to Farchanter tunnel and continue the aforementioned way.
There are also some hiking trails leading to Pflegersee lake from Garmisch-Partenkirchen.