From the church in Schröcken the hiking route leads to the Fellealpe. Afterwards you hike towards Auenfeld through a breathtaking landscape. The easily walkable trail now leads you to the Körbersee and further to the Kalbelesee at the Hochtannbergpass. Afterwards, you will pass the Ski- & Wanderhotel Jägeralpe and take the "Alte Salzstraße" to Warth.
Where to eat
During this hike you pass a lot of refreshments.
-> Restaurants in Schröcken, Batzenalpe, Berhotel Körbersee, Hotel Adler, Ski- & Wanderhotel Jägeralpe, resaurants in Warth.
- You're traveling a distance of 8 miles on this moderate trail. The average length of all hikes in Vorarlberg is 9 miles.
- On the footsteps of the Walser is among the 15 best rated Hikes in Austria.
- You're facing an uphill climb of 413 vertical meters on this hike. The high point of the hike is located at an elevation of 5725 ft.
- This moderate hike is perfect for the whole family. What’s even better: You can also bring the family’s best friend on this dog friendly hike. (See all dog friendly hikes in Vorarlberg.)
- Sturdy hiking boots are recommended on this track. There are places to buy beverages and food along the track. However it’s always recommended to bring enough water and food along with you.
Highlights of the tour
Highlights of the tour are the cultural-historical information about the "Walser", which can be found on wooden columns, benches, signs, etc. are mounted and spread over the entire course of the route. Books to the history of the "Walser" and the tour are available in the tourist office.
Due to the length of the hike good physical condition is necessary. Suitable mountain clothing as well as waterproof footwear is recommended.