The Winterberg Climbing Forest at the Kappe Adventure Mountain takes you up into the treetops. Here you can prove your courage at dizzying heights. Not only do you have to shimmy your way through the various obstacles, but you can also fly from tree to tree on cable cars.
So that beginners can also learn how to safely shimmy through the climbing forest, you will first receive instruction on the training course. When climbing, you are equipped with two carabiners and can thus safely negotiate the courses without risk.
The climbing forest is divided into several courses of varying difficulty:
- 2 training courses - height approx. 1 metre: Here you can familiarise yourself with the safety system before continuing upwards.
- No.1 Beginner course - height between approx. 3-5 metres: Up the ladder you start with the various balancing beams. Running nets and hurdles.
- No. 2 Fun course - height between approx. 3-9 metres: After the beginner's course, the next challenge awaits you here.
- No. 3 Adventure course - height between approx. 3-7 metres: Once you've got the hang of it, the adventure course continues with a chessboard bridge, climbing wall and much more.
- No. 4 Adventure course - height between approx. 6-12 metres: Three ropeways await you on the highest climbing route.
- No. 5 Sport course - height between approx. 5-11 metres: This course is not for beginners. The route takes you sportily upwards into the treetops.
Even the little ones can get active on a special children's course in the Kletterwald Winterberg. It is easy to master and offers a real adventure. Children up to the age of 7 can climb over various wooden figures and various tunnels.
At the Kappe Adventure Mountain, the Panorama Adventure Bridge with various fun elements offers fun and action for the whole family. You can speed down the mountain on the summer toboggan run or in the bike park.
In winter, the Winterberg ski lift carousel invites you to go skiing or snowboarding.
How to get there
From the north
A7 Hamburg-Hannover - A2 Bielefeld - A33 Paderborn - exit Wüneberg, direction Brilon - Olsberg - Winterberg
From the south
A5 Frankfurt-Giessen - exit Marburg, direction Allendorf - Winterberg
From the west
A44 Dortmund-Kassel - exit Werl junction, direction A46 Arnsberg - Meschede - Bestwig - Olsberg - Winterberg
From the east
A44 Kassel-Dortmund - exit Zierenberg, direction B251 Korbach - Medebach - Winterberg