Latemar forest is home to the hazel spruce, a wood used to manufacture string instruments. Therefore, it is also called “tonewood”. This hike leads past several mysterious places, including the Latemar labyrinth.Route: Passo Costalunga/Karer Pass (bus stop, 1752m) – path n. 21 to the Radura di Mezzo/Mitterleger (1840m) Labyrinth path n.
Where to eat
Restaurant Pizzeria Antermont
- You're traveling a distance of 5 miles on this moderate trail. The hike is therefore not too long. Average length of all hikes in South Tyrol is 7 miles.
- Latemar labyrinth is among the 10 best rated Hikes in Italy.
- You're facing an uphill climb of 353 vertical meters on this hike. The high point of the hike is located at an elevation of 6263 ft.
- This moderate hike is perfect for the whole family. The hike is also perfect if the kid’s wanna bring their dog on the trip. (See all dog friendly hikes in South Tyrol.)
- Sturdy hiking boots are recommended on this track. If you get hungry along the way, there are places to rest and get food. Nevertheless it’s recommended to also have enough water and food in your backpack when hiking or biking.
Take highway's exit “Bolzano Nord/Eggental”, turn right direction Bolzano/Bozen, after about 0,5 km on roundabout keep left and head towards Val d’Ega (SS 241). Keep driving up to Ponte Nova. At Ponte Nova’s crossroads, turn to the left and continue to Nova Levante and Passo Costalunga (about 25 min. from highway toll booth).