An interesting tour, especially for families with children, from Obereggen through the forest to the famous Lago di Carezza. Hikers can also start from Ega/Eggen or vice versa.Route: Obereggen (1550m), upper car park – path n. 9 – Bewallerhof farm – path n.8 – possible to stop at Malga Häusler Sam – path S or path n. 25A and 25 to Malga Stadlalm – path 8 to Lago di Carezza – back on the same path.
- You're facing an uphill climb of 234 vertical meters on this hike. The hike takes you to an elevation of 1,560 m.
- Along the Templweg path to Lago di Carezza/Karer See is among the 15 best rated Hikes in Italy.
- You're traveling a distance of 13 km on this easy trail. The average length of all hikes in South Tyrol is 12 km.
- The hike is one of the family friendly trails in the region. What’s even better: You can also bring the family’s best friend on this dog friendly hike. (See all dog friendly hikes in South Tyrol.)
- In case of good weather conditions, the hike can also be done without bringing your hiking boots. There are places to buy beverages and food along the track. However it’s always recommended to bring enough water and food along with you.
Start from Ega – path n. 10 and then on path 8 as above.
Take highway's exit “Bolzano Nord/Eggental”, turn right direction Bolzano/Bozen, after about 0,5 km on roundabout keep left and head towards Val d’Ega (SS 241). Keep driving up to Ponte Nova. At Ponte Nova’s crossroads, turn to the right and continue to Obereggen (about 25 min. from highway toll booth).